10 September 2011
Salmon and Sweet Potato Patties
by Default Admin
- 400gm sweet potato- peeled and diced.
- 1/4 cup SIMPLY STIRRED CHILLI & GINGER PASTE
- 415gm tin pink salmon - drained, bones removed and flaked.
- 3 green onions (eschalots/spring onions) - finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs - Panko (Japanese) preferred
- ¼ cup vegetable oil.
- ½ cup SIMPLY STIRRED LEMON & DILL MAYONNAISE
- Place sweet potato and 1 tbls cold water in microwave bowl, cover and microwave on high for 7 minutes. Allow to cool a little and mash.
- Place salmon in a bowl, add SIMPLY STIRRED CHILLI & GINGER PASTE, onions and sweet potato. Mix well.
- Divide mix into 8 portions and form into patties.
- Beat eggs and put in shallow bowl, place flour and breadcrumbs onto separate plates - a dinner plate is fine.
- Coat patties, 1 at a time - firstly in flour, then egg then breadcrumbs.
- Place onto clean plate and put in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in non stick frypan, and cook patties until golden - 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towel and serve with mayo and green salad.
Read about or buy the product for this recipe: Lemon and Dill Mayonnaise