10 September 2011
Chilli chicken and lime mayo open sandwich
by Default Admin
- ½ cup SS LIME, CHILLI & CORIANDER MAYO
- 4-6 chicken thigh fillets( depending on size- approx 100gm per person)
- 1 clove garlic - crushed
- 2 tbls lime juice
- 2 tbls sweet chilli sauce.
- 2 red onions - thinly sliced
- 8 slices sourdough, each approx 1 cm thick
- 100gm baby spinach
- 2 ripe avocadoes - peeled and sliced
- Place chicken between sheets of baking paper, and pound to 1 cm thick,
- Combine garlic, sweet chilli sauce and 2 tbls lime juice in a shallow bowl, place chicken in bowl and turn to coat- marinate for 30 minutes
- PREHEAT chargrill on high heat.
- Spray a little oil on chargrill, add onions and cook till just soft, stirring often.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Return pan to heat and cook chicken for 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile toast bread, spread SS LIME, CORAINDER & CHILLI MAYO on top and bottom, top with spinach, avocado, onion and warm chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.