31 August 2011
Caramelised Onion and Fetta Tart
by Default Admin
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbls SIMPLY STIRRED CARAMELIZED BALSAMIC WITH PEPPER
- 2 Tbls Olive Oil
- 1 Tbls Salt
- 2 sheets ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- Line a 28cm greased flan tin, prick the base of the pastry lightly with a fork, rest for 10 mins, line pastry shell with baking paper and fill with uncooked rice or pastry weights.
- Bake for 10 mins at 180c . Remove rice and bake for a further 10 mins. Remove pastry shell from oven and cool.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half and place on baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake in oven at 180c for 30-45 minutes, until browned and ‘shrivelled ‘slightly.
- To Assemble
- 200g fetta cheese
- cooked tart case
- oven dried tomatoes
- 1 bunch rocket
- SIMPLY STIRRED PEPPERED BALSAMIC DRESSING
- 1/2 jar SIMPLY STIRRED CARAMELISED ONION
- Spread the SIMPLY STIRRED CARAMELISED ONION over the tart base, place oven dried tomatoes over onion and crumble fetta over the top.
- Bake in oven at 180c for 10-15 mins. Remove from oven and cool.
- Arrange rocket leaves on serving plates and sit a slice of tart on top. Finish with a drizzle of SIMPLY STIRRED CARAMELISED BALSAMIC DRESSING.
Read about or buy the product for this recipe: Caramelised Balsamic Dressing with Pepper