11 February 2016
Recipe: Warm Chicken Salad
by Default Admin
Courtesy of Lauren at CreateBakeMake.com
During the warmer months, chicken and salad is our go to easy week night dinner, as it’s something our whole family will eat – always a bonus! This Warm Chicken Salad is certainly a family friendly meal, and while there is a little heat in the marinated chicken, it was still mild enough for both of our boys to enjoy. To cut down on the time spent in the kitchen in the afternoon (which we all want!), you can prepare the salad ingredients in advance, and simply add the cashews and dressing just before you serve.
Warm Chicken Salad
Prep time 20 mins
Cook time 10 mins
500g of skinless chicken breast
⅓ cup of Simply Stirred Soy, Chilli and Lime Marinade
½ red cabbage
½ green cabbage
2 carrots – peeled
3 spring onions – thinly sliced
½ cup of roasted cashews
Simply Stirred Vietnamese Mint and Coconut Dressing to taste
- Slice the chicken breast into strips and place into a container.
- Pour the Simply Stirred Soy, Chilli and Lime Marinade over the top of the sliced chicken strips and toss to coat. Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for 4 hours – or overnight if you prefer.
- When you are ready to put your salad together, thinly slice the red cabbage, green cabbage and place into a large bowl. Thinly slice the carrots and spring onions and add these along with the roasted cashews to the bowl.
- Drizzle with 2 – 3 tablespoons of Simply Stirred Vietnamese Mint and Coconut Dressing (you can add more or less if you prefer) and gently toss to combine. Cover and place in the fridge until needed.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over a medium heat and add the marinated chicken strips. Cook for approximately 5 minutes before turning and cooking for a further 3 – 4 minutes or until cooked through – please note your cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of your chicken strips.
- While the chicken strips are cooking, divide your salad mixture amongst four plates and top with the cooked chicken strips, added directly from the frying pan.
- Serve with wedges of lime and extra Simply Stirred Vietnamese Mint and Coconut Dressing.
Grab your products here:
Simply Stirred Vietnamese Mint and Coconut Dressing
Simply Stirred Soy, Chilli and Lime Marinade