19 May 2016
Recipe: Simple Caramelised Onion & Feta Tarts
by Default Admin
Courtesy of Lauren at CreateBakeMake.com
One of my favourite things about having friends and family visit (apart from their company of course!) is planning and making yummy food for us all to enjoy. Over the years I’ve learnt that the best recipes to make when entertaining are those which are simple and most importantly can be made ahead of time, just like these simple Caramelised Onion and Feta Tarts.
Simple Caramelised Onion and Feta Tarts
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
290g jar of Simply Stirred Caramelised Onion
1 sheet of partially thawed puff pastry
100g of feta cheese
100g of sun-dried tomatoes
½ cup of finely grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees and line a tray with baking paper.
- Cut the puff pastry in half diagonally and vertically to create four individual squares.
- Using a sharp knife, score a 1cm border around the edge of each pastry square, making sure you don’t cut all the way through.
- Prick the centre square of each tart with a fork and sprinkle ¼ of the Parmesan cheese onto each pastry square, taking care not to sprinkle it onto the border.
- Add a quarter of Caramelised Onions to each of your tarts.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and crumbled feta to the top of each tart and place them onto a baking tray.
- Season with a little salt and pepper and place into the oven to cook for 12 - 15 minutes or until the pastry is a lovely golden brown.