5 August 2011
Dukkah Crusted Lamb Racks
by Default Admin
- 1 and ½ Tbls Plain Flour
- 2 Eggs Lightly Beaten
- 2 x 8 cutlet Racks Of Lamb
- 2 Parsnips - Peeled
- 2 Carrots - Peeled
- Peanut oil for deep frying 1/3 cup SIMPLY STIRRED ASIAN DUKKAH
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Place flour and dukkah in separate plates and eggs in a shallow bowl for dipping.
- Coat lamb in flour, then dip in egg and then press into SIMPLY STIRRED ASIAN DUKKAH, pressing dukkah on firmly with fingertips.
- Lightly grease a roasting tin, and place lamb racks standing up and bones crossed in the tray and roast for 25 min for medium or 15-20 for medium-rare.
- Remove lamb from oven, cover in foil to keep warm and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, using a vegetable peeler, peel parsnips and carrots into long thin strips.
- Pour enough oil into a large saucepan or wok deep enough to deep fry.
- Deep fry the parsnip strips in batches for approx 40 seconds, or until lightly golden and tranfer to a wire rack with paper towel underneath.
- Cut Lamb into racks and serve with carrots, parsnips and steamed green vegetables of your choice.